Date:      Fri, 22 Aug 2008 19:58:55 -0700
From:      Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Macy, Ryan W PV2 NG NG NGB" <ryan.macy@us.army.mil>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: looking to make the jump from linux to unix (freebsd) need to know if xps m1330n is supported?

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 09:52:20PM -0500, Macy, Ryan W PV2 NG NG NGB wrote:
> [...]

I have no experience with sound on BSD or Linux.  I'm also one of those
"surround sound should be in theatres only" people, so my own PC audio
setup consists of two speakers only.  :-)

Others will have to help you with audio; sorry about that.

> any chance that there is a iwl3945-ucode driver on freebsd?

There is support for the Intel 3945ABG chip (I don't know what "ucode"
is), but some users have reported certain oddities with it regarding
configuration (I believe it had something to do with WPA).  I don't
remember reading any reports about the driver failing or acting oddly.

> I'm planning to take the dive this upcoming monday after some reading, so I'm crossing my fingers and praying that everything works out of the box.

Please be sure to report back with your experiences, as others on the
list may find your information helpful, ditto with some developers
wanting to fix bugs.

Thanks!