Date:      Wed, 29 Jan 1997 09:13:31 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        shovey@buffnet.net (Steve)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, robert@nanguo.chalmers.com.au, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: progress report on connection problems

Steve stands accused of saying:

> > 1)	Contact the vendor for a fix; one probably exists.
> >
> > 2)	If no fix is available, turn extension off on the FreeBSD
> > 	system, and submit a bug report to the vendor so that a
> > 	fix will happen.
>
> Turning extensions off does not stop the problem.

Ah, but it does.  It's just that other FreeBSD systems (like Yahoo) still
have them turned on, so the Annex is dropping its guts regardless.

As has been mentioned, the _correct_ response is to tell your provider
that their Annex is _BROKEN_, and that they need to upgrade its
software (which I believe is a free exercise, but you can ransack
Xylogics' website for details there) preferably before you take your
business elsewhere.