Date:      Fri, 21 Feb 2003 10:06:52 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Jim Mock <mij@soupnazi.org>, Kerry Davis <kerryedavis@earthlink.net>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: French?

--Mjqg7Yu+0hL22rav

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 10:23:26PM +0000, Nik Clayton wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 04:56:12PM -0800, Jim Mock wrote:
> > Look at the URL.  You're requesting the English document.
> >=20
> > http://www.freebsd-fr.org/doc/fr_FR.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/index.html=
 =20
> > is in French.
>=20
> Here's a thought.
[snip]
> /me ponders a bit.
>=20
> Another idea I'll float (which also solves the 'why are some pages
[snip]
> Or maybe it's time to bite the bullet and say something like 'Mirrors
> must run Apache, here's the config file fragment you need for the part
> of your website that's the mirror' and go from there?

I'll have to think a little about your two ideas above, but please don't
go this way (Apache only).  I've been experimenting with Boa a lot
lately, and in my experience, it works just *great* for static content.

Of course, Boa, just like other webservers out there, supports URL
rewriting, albeit with a different syntax, so this just might be an
issue of maintaining several configuration snippets, which may not be
too hard.

Not that I am running a mirror or something, but.. you never know ;)

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@sbnd.net    roam@FreeBSD.org
The rest of this sentence is written in Thailand, on

--Mjqg7Yu+0hL22rav

--Mjqg7Yu+0hL22rav--