Date:      Mon, 5 May 2014 17:59:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Wehle <john@feith.com>
To:        naoki@fukaumi.org
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Amlogic aml8726-m3 / aml8726-m6 SoC status

> what is your main target device?

My current development box I purchased from ebay and came without any
reliable information regarding the actual make / model.  However it
appears to be a Visson Tech ATV-102 ... the original Visson specs say
aml8726-m3, however my actual unit behaves as if contains the aml8726-m6
(the RTC is slightly different between the m3 and the m6).

Some info is at:

  http://www.vissontech.com/products_detail2/&productId=2677621d-8771-4d59-9722-42cb55d19e1f&comp_stats=comp-FrontProducts_list01-1337323367416.html

I have two other Amlogic units from different manufacturers which I'll
use for additional testing once I'm happy on the ATV-102.

>>    Ethernet (it seems like the hardware is actually a DesignWare Core
>>              so this driver may be useful for supporting other SoC).
>
> is it same as this one?
>  https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/networking/stmmac.txt

Nothing I've seen references STMicroelectronics, however the register
information in the Amlogic linux driver seems to line up with some other
documentation I have for the DesignWare Core Ethernet MAC.

> then, it can be used for Allwinner A20 :)

Quite possibly.

>>    Look at supporting flash memory.
>
> I think it's not open, there is a binary blob in Linux kernel...

I haven't looked at it yet, so I don't know.  Amlogic has supplied
some information upon request regarding other things ... we'll see
what happens when I start working on the flash memory support.

-- John
|   Feith Systems  |   Voice: 1-215-646-8000  |  Email: john@feith.com  |
|    John Wehle    |     Fax: 1-215-540-5495  |                         |