Date:      Thu, 22 Jan 2004 10:19:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
To:        Socketd <db@traceroute.dk>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.2 install hangs

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Socketd wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:22:30 +0100
> des@des.no (Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav) wrote:
>
> > how long did you wait?
>
> Not long, 1-1=BD min I guess.
>
> > do you have anything connected to the secondary ata channel?
>
> The cdrom-drive has one channel and the disk and the floppy share the
> other. (If that's what you mean).

Put the LS-120 and the CDROM drive on the same controller.  I have my
machine setup with the ls120 as master on ATA1 and my DVD-RW as secondary,
running 5.2-R on my machine with no problems.  On ATA0 I have a pair of
HDDs, but one or two won't matter so long as you jumper the drive as
single master for ATA0.

Jamie Bowden

--=20
"It was half way to Rivendell when the drugs began to take hold"
Hunter S Tolkien "Fear and Loathing in Barad Dur"
Iain Bowen <alaric@alaric.org.uk>