Date:      Mon, 16 Aug 2004 10:09:10 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Schmidt?= <sos@DeepCore.dk>
To:        Marc van Kempen <marc@bowtie.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATA write-dma interrupt was seen but timeout fired LBA=53346288

Marc van Kempen wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> Since two weeks I get this warning after resuming my laptop (IBM Thinkp=
ad=20
> R40), this is with acpi enabled on a -current of yesterday (15 Aug), so=
me=20
> relevant settings:
>=20
> hw.acpi.sleep_button_state=3DS3
> hw.acpi.lid_switch_state=3DS3
> hw.syscons.sc_no_suspend_vtswitch=3D1
> hw.acpi.reset_video=3D0
>=20
> In a time frame of about two or three weeks this setup worked wonderful=
ly,=20
> everything worked when suspending/resuming. I could even enable glx aga=
in.
>=20
> After I resume I get these warnings:
>=20
> ATA write-dma interrupt was seen but timeout fired LBA=3D53346288
> ATA write-dma interrupt was seen but timeout fired LBA=3D53346288
> ATA write-dma interrupt was seen but taskqueue stalled LBA=3D53346288
>=20
> This basically results in the harddisk being unaccessible and the syste=
ms=20
> hangs eventually. Rebooting does not work because the harddisk can't be=
=20
> synced, etc.
>=20
> Does anyone know what is going on?

Something is holding on to one of the taskqueues blocking the request=20
processesing. I'm not sure what caused it but backstepping ATA doesn't=20
make things work at least, suggesting to look somewhere else...

For me at least network seems to be troublesome, if I exclude as much=20
network related code as possible in the config, I can resume just fine.

YMMV as usual...

-S=F8ren