Date:      Wed, 6 Jun 2001 03:49:17 +0200
From:      "Karsten W. Rohrbach" <karsten@rohrbach.de>
To:        johncappiello@email.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: building apache from /usr/ports

--OROCMA9jn6tkzFBc

John Cappiello(john@apt202.net)@2001.06.05 15:27:18 +0000:
> I think I see where he's going with this, and this is something I've been=
 wondering too.  If I'm wrong excuse me for jumping in the conversation.
>=20
> How does one go about maintaining a build of apache with Mod_perl (for ex=
ample) compiled into the binary instead of installed as a module, through p=
orts?
modularized apache is a good thing[tm].
you won't recognize it until you have to implement a heavily loaded
server with php or perl in-core. position independent code is know to be
slower, but it outperforms monolithic compiles by saving a lot of ram.
/k

>=20
> Thanks,
> John
>=20
> On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 02:06:29PM -0500, David W . Chapman Jr . wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 12:02:56PM -0700, Jason Watkins wrote:
> > > is it possible to build apache with my selection of modules (php, pyt=
hon and
> > > ruby) from the ports? I'm getting sick of manually maintaining the so=
urce
> > > when the ports and cvsup could be doing it for me.
> > >=20
> > > jason
> > >=20
> > I'm not completely understanding what is your problem, you can=20
> > install usr/ports/www/apache13 and then install=20
> > usr/ports/www/mod_php4 and it works fine.
> >=20
> > --=20
> > David W. Chapman Jr.
> >=20
> >=20
>=20
> --=20
> email: johncappiello@email.com
> mobile: pagejohn@apt202.net

--=20
> Fools ignore complexity. Pragmatists suffer it. Some can avoid it.
> Geniuses remove it.
> --Perlis's Programming Proverb #58, SIGPLAN Notices, Sept. 1982=20
KR433/KR11-RIPE -- WebMonster Community Founder -- nGENn GmbH Senior Techie
http://www.webmonster.de/ -- ftp://ftp.webmonster.de/ -- http://www.ngenn.n=
et/
karsten&rohrbach.de -- alpha&ngenn.net -- alpha&scene.org -- catch@spam.de
GnuPG 0x2964BF46 2001-03-15 42F9 9FFF 50D4 2F38 DBEE  DF22 3340 4F4E 2964 B=
F46

--OROCMA9jn6tkzFBc

--OROCMA9jn6tkzFBc--