Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 2004 09:56:53 +0100
From:      "Jorn Argelo" <jorn@wcborstel.nl>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   A few questions regarding sound drivers

Hi all,

I've installed FreeBSD 5.3 AMD64 a few days ago. However, I am having sound
problems. I have an Ensoniq 5880 as specified by lspci and dmesg:

00:0d.0 Multimedia audio controller: Ensoniq 5880 AudioPCI (rev 02)

pci0: <multimedia, audio> at device 13.0 (no driver attached)

For example, when I try to load a random kernel module for sound, it says no
such file or directory. So when I take a peek in /boot/kernel, it indeed shows
up no sound modules. My FreeBSD server (which hasn't even have sound support
compiled in the kernel) does have them though. Can I use those? I've compiled
the kernel with COMPAT_IA32, COMPAT_43 and COMPAT_LINUX32.

Also, I am not certain which driver I should have, though. It does not appear
to be in the hardware notes of the AMD64 port as well, so does FreeBSD even
support  it then?

Thanks alot,

Jorn