Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 2020 13:18:16 +0100
From:      Mateusz Piotrowski <0mp@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hps@selasky.org>, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Timidity++ needs libarc as run dependency ??

On 2/26/20 10:55 AM, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libarc.so.1" not found, required by
> "timidity"
>
> pkg install libarc

It looks like libarc is already included in LIB_DEPENDS. It is not
included in the timidity++ package. It is only included with the
timidity++-${PKGNAMESUFFIX} packages (like timidity++-emacs).

I've never used timidity myself, so I am not sure why this is this way.

Is there a reason why you installed timidity++ instead of one of the
timidity++-${PKGNAMESUFFIX} packages?

Cheers,

Mateusz