Date:      Wed, 20 Aug 2003 19:49:41 +0100
From:      Simon Tompson <surfsofa@gmx.net>
To:        nork@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: DarwinStreamingServer-4.1.3g

Hi

I'm having trouble getting DSS installed using the 'ports' method on
FreeBSD 4.8.  I downloaded the source from Apple and moved it to
distfiles as instructed but then I encountered two problems as the
following shows :

~~
stapleton# cd /usr/ports/net/DarwinStreamingServer/
stapleton# make clean install
===>  Cleaning for p5-Net-SSLeay-1.17
===>  Cleaning for DarwinStreamingServer-4.1.3
===>  Extracting for DarwinStreamingServer-4.1.3
 >> Checksum mismatch for DSS-4_1_3.src.tar.gz.
Make sure the Makefile and distinfo file
(/usr/ports/net/DarwinStreamingServer/distinfo)
are up to date.  If you are absolutely sure you want to override this
check, type "make NO_CHECKSUM=yes [other args]".
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/DarwinStreamingServer.
stapleton# make NO_CHECKSUM=yes clean install
===>  Cleaning for p5-Net-SSLeay-1.17
===>  Cleaning for DarwinStreamingServer-4.1.3
===>  Extracting for DarwinStreamingServer-4.1.3
===>  Patching for DarwinStreamingServer-4.1.3
===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for DarwinStreamingServer-4.1.3
patch: **** can't cd to
/usr/ports/net/DarwinStreamingServer/work/DSS-4_1_3.src: No such file
or directory
 >> Patch patch-Buildit failed to apply cleanly.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/DarwinStreamingServer.
~~

My first wish was to bring this to your attention, but if you can offer
a solution (I'd describe my knowledge as 'intermediate') that would be
great.

Regards

Simon