Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2017 17:28:47 -0600
From:      "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@over-yonder.net>
To:        Oliver Schonrock <oliver@schonrocks.com>
Cc:        tz@FreeBSD.org, ports <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: php72-7.2.0 : trouble with lang/php72 & libargon2

On Thu, Dec 07, 2017 at 08:21:05PM +0000 I heard the voice of
Oliver Schonrock, and lo! it spake thus:

> pkg check --dependencies reports problem.

This seems the separate issue already being convered.

> 1. In the worst case (when built on remote poudriere) php72 crashes when
> using the PASSWORD_ARGON2I algo for password_hash.

[...]

> 1. BAD: from poudriere
[...]
> # php -r 'echo password_hash("password", PASSWORD_ARGON2I). "\n";'
> Illegal instruction (core dumped)

This suggests the libargon compiled on the poudriere machine is using
instructions not present on the running machine; often a newer or
higher end CPU model.  Building libargon locally on the final machine
sidesteps the issue.

If that's the cause, you may well have other landmines in other
packages lying in wait, so you should try and root-cause it.  Do you
have a CPUTYPE or the like in the poudriere setup, which may be
outpacing the system you're running the final result on?

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd@over-yonder.net