Date:      Tue, 14 May 1996 10:13:37 +0000
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@masternet.it>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AMIGA EMULATOR???

Sorry if this message is a little Off Topics...

Terry Lambert wrote:

> > > Here are the options :
> > >
> > > {37} /tmp/uae-0.5.3# make
> > > Use one of the following:
> > > make generic   -- if nothing else works
> > > make withgcc   -- if nothing else works, but you have gcc
>
> For whoever cares: the 0.5.3 version of the Amiga emulator
> won't compile on Linux and it is being developed on Linux.  The

This is so strange that could be quite true if we are speaking about
Linux :-)

> You have to Spock some ROM's (old UNIX Trek game joke), so it's
> a bugger to get running (like most C64 or Apple II emulators).

I should have every ROM I need (because I own Amiga for A lot of years,
now I am waiting for the new A4000T tower...) ... what I miss is the
emulator running under X and Freebsd

> It wants SVGAlib because the Linux folks haven't discovered
> the X shared memory extention (apparently), but will run slowly
> on X.

Is it perhaphs the same problem I have trying to run doom for Linux ?
It works quite nice under X (Linuxxdoom) , but fails saying something
about a SVGAlib when X is not loaded (LinuxSdoom, svga version). I am
running 2.2 delta #1784

> There are a couple of demos that don't need kickstart -- they
> seem to run fine under 0.5.2.

Are you succeded in compiling ? can you say me how ?

Thanks in advance....

--

Regards...

| Internet:  gmarco@masternet.it      |        ,,,         |