Date:      Fri, 28 Jan 2005 22:46:45 -0000
From:      "cali" <calculus@softhome.net>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: BSD

In this book I have called "The Design and Implementation of the 4.4 BSD
Operating System" it says on page 8:

"Software from Berkeley is released in Berkeley Software Distributions
(BSD)"

that's with an 's', that is also the name of the section in the book.

On page 10 it says:

"The commerical variant most closely related to 4.4BSD is BSD/OS, produced
by Berkeley Software Design, Inc. (BSDI). Early BSDI software releases were
based on the Net2 release; the current BSDI release is based on 4.4BSD-Lite"

Oh, sorry for not replying to all the people on reply-all, I accidently
deleted the email so I'm just sending it to the list.

cali

P.S: That book is awesome if you have the time to read it, I still haven't
read all of it yet though unfortunately.