Date:      Sun, 04 Apr 1999 09:54:50 -0600
From:      Donald Wilde <dwilde1@thuntek.net>
To:        Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The FreeBSD Installation Guide Project [Was: Re: FreeBSD Adovcacy]

_Nobody_ here is saying that the Handbook should _not_ be updated and
expanded, Bill. The Handbook is the definitive meta-resource (above the
source code and man pages), and I would bet that now that the DocBook
transistion is happening, Nik and the rest of the guys who've been doing
it will get on to their _real_ goal, which is doing the updates of which
you speak.

My point was that the handbook doesn't do any good while your computer's
in pieces. Darren's point is that the Handbook -- and Greg's book --
scare newbies who would be quite happy with FreeBSD once their system
was installed. It's that initial hump that we want to get them over, so
they can _get__to_ the Handbook, -questions, Dan's site, DN, The Open
Directory Project, and all the other resources we have out there.

--
Don Wilde                 "Bringing the Internet to everyone!"
Wilde Media