Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 2004 09:51:49 -0500 (CDT)
From:      RacerX <racerx@makeworld.com>
To:        Lucas Holt <Luke@FoolishGames.com>
Cc:        'Henrik W Lund' <henrik.w.lund@broadpark.no>
Subject:   RE: Questions regarding /etc/make.conf

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004, Lucas Holt wrote:

> Don't worry about recompiling everything right away.  Gnome takes a long
> time to compile!  The cpu type does seem to help multimedia apps and WMs if
> they were designed to take advantage of the extra instructions.
>
> I usually get a machine up and then change the cpu type after I have the
> basics worked out.  Eventually after buildworlds and portupgrade I get
> everything built with the new settings.  It works out fine.

Perfect! Thanks - I want to take advantage of some of these settings. I
just never bothered to set them on creation.

This is good to know tho - and now it goes in as a "Best Practice" to set
these on new installs.

ClamAV virus dat updated: Mon Jul 26 2004 at 03:02:52
daily.cvd updated (version: 422, sigs: 1134, f-level: 2, builder: ccordes)