Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2000 14:26:16 +1100 (EST)
From:      Andy Farkas <andyf@speednet.com.au>
To:        Alex Zepeda <jazepeda@pacbell.net>
Cc:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>, dillon@apollo.backplane.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Solved(?): crash with ffs_softdep.c 1.52

On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, Alex Zepeda wrote:

> Alexander Leidinger wrote:
>
> > I've successfully booted with ffs_softdep.c 1.54, I'm doing now a full
> > buildworld to stress the system.
>
> Hmm.  I still got repeatable crashes with 1.54, and finally got to the
> point where lost+found got populated.  I also just got my finger smashed
> in a door, making writing a tad bit impossible.  When the swelling/pain
> goes down, I'll have a back trace :)

Could you please explain why you need to smash a finger in a door in order
to get a back trace??  What other grievous bodily harm does one need to
inflict on one's self when kernel debugging?  I know about hitting
yourself on the head with a 4x2, but that only works for userland...
These requirements should be mentioned in Section 22 of the Handbook.

> - alex

ps. hope your finger is alright...  :)

--

 :{ andyf@speednet.com.au