Date:      Wed, 24 Feb 2016 08:28:23 +0100
From:      Hans Petter Selasky <hps@selasky.org>
To:        Miguel C <miguelmclara@gmail.com>, freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: pwcview and cheese - Device not configured / Invalid argument erros

On 02/24/16 00:58, Miguel C wrote:
> I just noticed the last messages were never CC'ed to the list
>
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 8:56 PM, OtacĂ­lio <otacilio.neto@bsd.com.br> wrote:
>
>> Miguel, I have noted that on my system, sometime I get a file not found
>> error, like your problem. So, I unplugged the webcam and plug it again and
>> it works. It is no frequently but occurs. Your camera is fixed or you can
>> try something like this?
>>

> Nah its fixed :P
>
> Its an acer ultrabook, the devices is conencted as a usb but its not like I
> can plug it of  unless I remove the LCD or something :P
>
> I was jsut think that this might be driver related, which seems to be uvc:
>
> % v4l2-dbg -D
> Driver info:
>          Driver name   : uvcvideo
>          Card type     : 1.3M HD WebCam
>          Bus info      : usb-/dev/usb-/dev/usb
>          Driver version: 2.6.38
>          Capabilities  : 0x84200001
>                  Video Capture
>                  Streaming
>                  Extended Pix Format
>                  Device Capabilities
>
> maybe its a bug in the driver that presenting something unexpected to
> /dev/video, I was just tried with ffpmeg, recompiled with v4l support and
> get the same error using -i /dev/video
>
> [video4linux2,v4l2 @ 0x80ac6f000] ioctl(VIDIOC_STREAMON): Device not
> configured
> /dev/video0: Device not configured

Hi,

Can you try to get a newer version of webcamd:

pkg install -f webcamd

Need to run the command below to make webamd re-attach.

Further, try "usbconfig -d ugenX.1 reset", where X is the bus number for
your webcam device.

Else it is possible to compile webcamd with debugging on, and run it in
the foreground to see what the error is about.

--HPS