Date:      Fri, 2 Mar 2001 11:51:06 -0600
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <n@nectar.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        audit@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PATH_MAX vs MAXPATHLEN

On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 07:06:21PM -0700, Warner Losh wrote:

> Here's a patch that changes MAXPATHLEN to PATH_MAX in src/bin.  Plus
> fixes disordering of one include file.  I believe that these changes
> are correct, but wanted another set of eyes on them.
>
> Comments?

I think (strlen(path) > PATH_MAX) is now an off-by-one error,
considering the thread of yesterday.  It is definately so in
some of the code you included (e.g. `char p_path[PATH_MAX]').

These are probably just the result of doing s/MAXPATHLEN + 1/PATH_MAX/
in definitions, but s/MAXPATHLEN/PATH_MAX/ in comparisons.

Cheers,
--
Jacques Vidrine / n@nectar.com / jvidrine@verio.net / nectar@FreeBSD.org