Date:      Mon, 28 Jul 2003 12:27:29 +0100
From:      David Lynch <DavidL@mcsaatchi.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Java Installation

Dear Sir,

I am an extremely novice FreeBSD (and Unix) user, and I am trying to install
Java 1.1.8 on my Unix box.  I have downloaded the correct archive file and
unpacked it using TAR, but when I come to run the next step of the
instructions supplied, 'make', I get the error 'no target to make'.  Do you
have any more instructions that I could please follow?

http://www.freebsd.org/java/install.html
<http://www.freebsd.org/java/install.html>;

Regards,

David

This email transmission is confidential and intended solely
for the person or organisation to whom it is addressed. If you
are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute
or disseminate the information, or take any action in relation
to it and please delete this e-mail. Any views expressed in
this message are those of the individual sender, except where
the sender specifically states them to be the views of any
organisation or employer. If you have received this message
in error, do not open any attachment but please notify the
sender (above).  This message has been checked for all known
viruses powered by Messagelabs.  For further information
visit www.messagelabs.com/stats.asp  Please rely on your own
virus check as no responsibility is taken by the sender for
any damage rising out of any virus infection this communication
may contain.