Date:      Tue, 14 May 2013 13:54:38 +0400
From:      Boris Samorodov <bsam@passap.ru>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cups-base-1.5.4_1 fails to print (Network Printers)

14.05.2013 01:50, Beeblebrox пишет:
> Printer1: Officejet_4500_G510n-z. This connects to network with wireless and
> I use hplip for this printer.

OK, but for now let's make another one to print.

> Printer2: HP_LaserJet_2100. This uses jetdirect wired connection and setup
> is directly through cups (does not use hplip).

I doubt it since your log showed using ijs device.

> The log output I posted is for Printer2 (no hplip). Also all updates are
> from poudriere-build binaries, so each run updates everything available.

Well, software has bugs, configurations have bugs, as well as building
systems. Let's try to understand what's going on.

> What other port(s) does ijs depend on?

This is a wrong question. The right one is "Which driver do you use?".

--
WBR, Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD Committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve