Date:      Thu, 02 Dec 2004 12:50:47 -0800
From:      Sean McNeil <sean@mcneil.com>
To:        Egor Dmitrenkov <mind@doctor.com>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel Build errors

--=-CqqkHVS2bgfQYV10g6sd

On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 15:38 -0500, Egor Dmitrenkov wrote:
> Please, tell me what should I exactly do...=20
> And please don't forget to "cc" me, I'm not yet subscribed to this list.
> Thanks in advance.=20

Like I said, it is tricky to build an amd64 kernel from an i386
installation and then upgrade your computer.  If all you want to do is
build the kernel (and not install it), then the

make TARGET_ARCH=3Damd64 buildworld buildkernel

thing should work.  Otherwise, the best thing to do is to install an
amd64 base from some place like

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ISO-IMAGES-amd64/5.3/

Cheers,
Sean

--=-CqqkHVS2bgfQYV10g6sd

--=-CqqkHVS2bgfQYV10g6sd--