Date:      Thu, 20 Aug 1998 00:45:47 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Brian W. Buchanan" <brian@smarter.than.nu>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SB AWE64

On Thu, 20 Aug 1998, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> > Sound: DMA timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?
> > Any ideas?
> Yes :)
>
> My kernel config sound bits look like ->

I replicated this exactly and rebuilt the kernel, and noted the following:

* I'm prompted at bootup if I want to configure the kernel, similar to if
I'd booted from an install floppy.

* The AWE64 is not detected and does not function.

What'd I do wrong?  The IO base and IRQ specified should be available, as
they were previously in use by my SB16 before I replaced it.  My best
guess is that the pnp commands aren't being read in from /kernel.config
for some reason.

--
Brian Buchanan                                      brian@smarter.than.nu

Never believe that you know the whole story.