Date:      Fri, 01 Dec 2000 05:35:30 -0800
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
To:        kstewart@urx.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make buildworld fails

Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com> writes:
> I did a cvsup build of 3 systems using 4-stable when it showed up as
> 4.2-release. How did you install 4.2 and did you cvsup src-all.

This is a 3.3-RELEASE system upgrading to 4.2, I did cvsup src-all,

> You are dying building the gnu /binutils. Function mkstemps is a
> function in the Standard C Library libc and is located at
> /usr/src/contrib/binutils/libiberty/. It is almost like you are
> missing a
> ldconfig -R /usr/obj/usr/src/lib/libc
> or libc doesn't exist because of the install.

This could very well be. I am following the instructions in UPGRADING
under "To update from 3.x to 4.x stable".
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org

   There is no greater calamity for a nation or individual
                       than not finding contentment in one's sufficiency.