Date:      Thu, 6 Nov 2003 15:45:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      Arne "Wörner" <arne_woerner@yahoo.com>
To:        John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bktr / pinnacle pctv rave / does not show tv images

--- John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org> wrote:
> Arne Wörner wrote this message on Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 14:21 -0800:
> > The bktr driver does not detect the tuner automatically so I fixed it by
> > BKTR_OVERRIDE_TUNER to a Philips PAL, although I do not know which tuner
> > they sold me (I am in Germany and I have heard that PAL is quite common
> > here). The antenna line is working... :-)
>
> you need to pull the card out of the case, and look at the tunner, and
> match it up, and put in the proper override.  Since you're not sure
> if it's a Philips or something else, this is probably your problem. If
> you don't override to the proper tuner, fxtv and other apps will not
> be able to tune the tuner to the channel you request.

The tuner says "Pinnacle Systems" (no PHILIPS; no TEMIC)... :-(( Pinnacle says
they use a CONEXANT CN878 (but this is not the tuner; I hope this is a
BROOKTREE 878).

I tried both TEMIC_PAL and PHILIPS_PAL. And both do not work.

I think the bktr driver does not handle the [new] "chip set" of the Pinnacle
Rave as it wants to be handled...

-Arne