Date:      Mon, 23 Aug 1999 19:19:50 -0400
From:      "Scott I. Remick" <scott@computeralt.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   2.2.8 -> 3.2, have System Commander already

Ok, before I trash things, I just want to toss this out:

I have a 2.2.8 system.  I want to upgrade to 3.2.  I've made my boot disks
with kern and mfsroot.  Thing is, the 2.2.8 is on a system with 2 hard
drives running System Commander.  Working great... I just want to keep it
that way!

What's the sure way to perform the upgrade without mucking things up?  SC
will let me boot to floppy, so that's not a problem... I'm thinking I can
just tell the FreeBSD upgrade to not touch my existing boot manager
(right?)... what kinds of questions is it going to ask about where to do
its thing?  How should I answer them?

Call me paranoid (I'm sure it's going to be fine), but I REALLY can't be
rendering this system non-bootable for my other partitions for any length
of time. So I just want to make sure.

And I'm sure there are other 2.2.8 -> 3.2 issues I should know of, so feel
free to throw them at me too.

Thanks in advance.