Date:      Sat, 5 Feb 2005 17:27:28 +0000
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Example BSD Makefiles *outside* the src tree??

On Sat, Feb 05, 2005 at 12:21:48PM -0500, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
: Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org> writes:
:
: > does anyone know of any project out there I could get my hands on that use
: > BSD make?  Obviously the src tree is not a good place to learn the basics,
: > but most makefiles I run across are for GNU make and/or are too complex to
: > learn the basics from.
:
: There are many examples in the Tutorial, which I think you said (in
: another message) that you had already read.  What are you looking for
: that isn't in those examples?

Setting up basic recursion (I can do it, but not the right way).
Building library sonames and installing them correctly.

Doing the above in a makefile that will run under GNU make.

I think I've worked out the others so far.

jm