Date:      Mon, 9 Oct 2006 12:19:57 -0400
From:      Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-bugbusters@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Test-Bugathon.... check

On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 11:34:24 +0100
Florent Thoumie <flz@freebsd.org> wrote:

> Following the example of our friends from NetBSD. We organized this
> week-end what they called a Bugathon. Basically, people gather on an IRC
> channel and discuss about some Problem Reports they either sent or are
> interested in. This is a great opportunity to get things done faster and
> get in touch with committers.
>
> The Bugathon was only announced on -ports because we weren't sure to get
> enough src committers, mainly because of the very short notice (it was
> decided on friday evening CET).
>
> Anyway, the result of the Test-Bugathon is that around 140 PRs have been
> closed (kern:8, bin:2, ports:~100, i386:1, docs:7, www:4, usb:14,
> conf:4, amd64:1). I'd like to thank all the committers and participants
> who came, it was a lot of fun.
>
> The test has proven its point so we'll definitely make new bugathons in
> the near future. We haven't settled on a date yet, but an announcement
> will be made once the date will be decided, at least two weeks before
> the event.
>
> In the meantime, don't hesitate to come to the IRC channel
> #freebsd-bugbusters on EFNET or subscribe to the freebsd-bugbusters
> mailing list.
>
> Have fun fixing bugs!

I agree with Ceri, having a bug busting marathon during release
cycle is probably bad; however, insta-MFCs are probably not a
good thing anyway - even with single word fixes.  I'll be keeping
all of my changes in a new mailbox file.  Once release cycle is
over, the MFC will happen.

I think the doc count is below correct.  Ceri closed at least
4 IIRC, and I closed about 4-5 (some assigned to me).  But
whatever, we'll need to keep a "score board" next time.

--
Tom Rhodes