Date:      Tue, 9 May 1995 18:40:45 -0700
From:      asami@CS.Berkeley.EDU (Satoshi Asami | =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?=)
To:        jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: distfile ctm synchronisation

 * - If I apply any ctm patches generated after the chronological
 *   freefall/distfiles equivalent, the make often breaks, as some new distfile
 *   is needed.

I'm afraid we can't do much about this.  ftp.freebsd.org was never
meant to be the primary distribution sites for distfiles, that's what
the MASTER_SITES in the ports Makefiles are for.   If we start sending
distfiles via ctm, it will cause the load of the server to go through
the roof!

However, not all is lost.  There is a target ("fetch-list") added by
Jordan, which you can use to produce a shell script for batch-fetching
during you are asleep (or whatever).  Maybe you can batch some of your
fetching together and do it more often than once per week?

Satoshi