Date:      Tue, 23 Apr 1996 01:39:57 -0700
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Paul Traina <pst@Shockwave.COM>
Cc:        "matthew c. mead" <mmead@Glock.COM>, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tasd 3.5

>>> Paul Traina said:
 > Yeah, I kludged it in this saturday.  The biggest problem with tasd, aside
 > from all of the compilation warnings because our kernel is more strict now,
 > is that you need to re-generate local.h because freebsd will not compile in
 > all of the modules for sound-cards we're not using.
 >
 > This is clearly bogus, and tasd needs to be fixed to use the same mechanism
 > the current sound driver in freebsd uses (via the kernel config stuff), but
 > I haven't gotten around to doing it.

The autoconfig stuff in current's  sound driver is not that hard to
bring in to TASD3.5 just a couple of hours of hacking should do the
trick.  Is just that someone needs to do it and usually thats me
or Jim Lowe who does it however we both have been busy with our day
jobs lately.

TASD3.5 is about the same as the stuff that I have on my ftp site plus
some fixes.

The reason for the name change is due to a conflict with a company
who register their product as VoxWare.

	Amancio