Date:      Mon, 28 May 2001 22:52:40 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Jimmy Olgeni <olgeni@uli.it>
Cc:        br@netland.inka.de, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: teTeX port

--+pHx0qQiF2pBVqBT

On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 02:41:05PM +0200, Jimmy Olgeni wrote:
>=20
> Hi!
>=20
> I see that the teTeX port has MANUAL_PACKAGE_BUILD set ("can only build
> with empty /usr/local"). I just tried it and it packages correctly even
> with a full /usr/local, so I'd like to remove MANUAL_PACKAGE_BUILD if
> nobody comes up with a good reason to keep it.
>=20
> I don't know about past teTeX issues, so I'd like a comment about this.

This probably dates back to the days before bento when packages were
built differently (each package wasn't built in its own clean chroot,
leading to conflicts between packages).  I recently fixed the latex
port similarly; if it seems to work, the tag can be removed.

Kris

--+pHx0qQiF2pBVqBT

--+pHx0qQiF2pBVqBT--