Date:      Sat, 16 May 1998 00:19:50 -0700
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@superior.mooseriver.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        byron@dbs-ca.com
Subject:   [byron@dbs-ca.com: FreeBSD install]

I got a call tonight from this guy, Byron Johnson. He is trying to install
on to his system. This is his reply to my suggestions.

>Thanks for taking the call tonight. I did the floppy thing instead of
>the CD, but I'm still toast!  The result is exactly the same as coming
>of the CD:
>
>At the blue screen, when the dialog box is showing "Probing devices,
>please wait..."
>I then get the following error:
>   panic: vm_fault: fault on nofault entry, addr: f3140000
>
>And it reboots after waiting 15 seconds and my life ends there!
>What's a next best guess?

I'm stumped as to what is the problem. Any one see this one?

Josef

--
Josef Grosch           | Another day closer to a |    FreeBSD 2.2.6
jgrosch@MooseRiver.com |   Micro$oft free world  | UNIX for the masses