Date:      Tue, 27 Jan 1998 08:21:28 -0500 (EST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Patrick Kelly <pkelly@kuentos.guam.net>
Cc:        freebsd-database@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Postgres and Solid

On Tue, 27 Jan 1998, Patrick Kelly wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 27 Jan 1998, Patrick Kelly wrote:
> >
> > > I was using (briefly) postgreSQL, but got frustrated with the limited SQL.
> >
> > 	Limited SQL? *raised eyebrows*  What version were you using?
>
> I was using 6.1.1 (still am).  A cute little application that we did with
> it can be seen at

	*Alot* of changes since v6.1.1 and v6.2, and even more of a
difference between v6.2 and v6.3 (to be released)...in alot of ways, it
would be like comparing apples to oranges.

	Working from v1.01 (Berkeley's virgin code) thru to v6.0/v6.1 was
alot of bug fixes and stability...few other things were really focused on.
v6.1 and beyond have been spent more bringing in missing standard SQL and
improving performance, as well as resource utilization.

	When I upgraded my server from v6.1.1 to v6.2, one of the WWW
projects that I'm working on (www.ncres.com) showed a massive improvement
in response time to queries...enough so that the client actually commented
on it.