Date:      Fri, 1 Mar 2002 10:55:43 +0100
From:      "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
To:        'Ernst de Haan' <znerd@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Draft for first bsd.java.mk document

Dear Ernst,

> > > http://www.metaverse.nl/~ernst/installing.html
> <snip>
> > I know how you like Jikes, :) but could you perhaps also
> write how to use a
> > regular Java compiler?
>
> As you can read in the document, the default is *not* using
> Jikes. By default
> it's only used if it is already installed. I am actually also
> extensively describing how to disable Jikes :)

Perhaps. I read your page rather casually. TO a casual reader the text
basically tells me to use Jikes. "spec a compiler" and then "introduction to
jikes". How about moving the body of "intro to jikes" into "chaning
behaviour", thus making "default behaviour" the first subsection. That would
meet casual reader requirements, IMHO.

    Kees Jan