Date:      Thu, 28 Apr 2011 15:22:22 +0200
From:      Denny Schierz <linuxmail@4lin.net>
To:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: way for failover zpool (no HAST needed): hastmon

--=-pUAO9b1Gr/g5jfiNPtAd

hi,

ok, here we go: I've installed hastmon and both FreeBSD nodes and one on
Linux Debian as watchdog:

Simple setup:
=20
# cat /etc.local/hastmon.conf=20

resource sanip {
        exec /usr/local/_rbg/bin/san-ip
        friends iscsihead-m iscsihead-s nos

        on iscsihead-m {
                remote tcp4://iscsihead-s
                priority 0
        }
        on iscsihead-s {
                remote tcp4://iscsihead-m
                priority 1
        }
        on linux {
                remote tcp4://iscsihead-m tcp4://iscsihead-s
        }
}=20

It works only half.=20

The simple script adds/remove an alias for the em0 and for status it
does a ping -c 1 to the global ip. After tell every host, what is role
is, I get on the primary "state unknown", in the secondary "state run"
and watchdog for the Linux host.

Than I rebooted the primary, the secondary take over and executed the
script. After the primary was reachable again, he doesn't get the
secondary role, but init/unknown.
The same happens, in the opposite:

from Linux:

hastmonctl status
sanip:
  role: watchdog
  exec: /usr/local/_rbg/bin/san-ip
  remote:
    tcp4://iscsihead-m (primary/run)
    tcp4://iscsihead-s (init/unknown)
  state: run
  attempts: 0 from 5
  complaints: 0 for last 60 sec (threshold 3)
  heartbeat: 10 sec

from iscsihead-s:

hastmonctl status
sanip:
  role: init
  exec: /usr/local/_rbg/bin/san-ip
  remote:
    tcp4://iscsihead-m
  state: unknown
  attempts: 0 from 5
  complaints: 0 for last 60 sec (threshold 3)
  heartbeat: 10 sec

and last from iscsihead-m

hastmonctl status
sanip:
  role: primary
  exec: /usr/local/_rbg/bin/san-ip
  remote:
    tcp4://iscsihead-s (disconnected)
  state: run
  attempts: 0 from 5
  complaints: 0 for last 60 sec (threshold 3)
  heartbeat: 10 sec

If I take a look into the logfile from the iscsihead-m:

[sanip] (primary) Remote node acts as init for the resource and not as
secondary.

[sanip] (primary) Handshake header from tcp4://iscsihead-s has no
'token' field.

Do I have missed something?

cu denny

--=-pUAO9b1Gr/g5jfiNPtAd