Date:      Wed, 29 Aug 2001 09:45:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alex Varju <varju@webct.com>
To:        Jos Vissers <jos@tunix.nl>
Cc:        <freebsd-smp@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Freezes in 4.4 RC on SMP kernel

This may be the problem I am seeing on my machine, as well, although I
haven't had time to fully diagnose the problems.  I thought that I had bad
ram (my single processor did indeed have bad ram), but the freezing still
continued after taking the new memory out of my dual.

I'm using an Asus motherboard, dual P3-450, 256M ram.  4.3-release-p14 has
no problems.  4.4-rc freezes occasionally.

I run X right on the SMP machine.  There are multiple NFS mounts to other
machines, as well as NFS exports that others use.  Several Windows
machines use the SMP machine as an rsh server for checking out cvs
sources.  Accounts are NIS based here, as well.

Alex.

--
alex varju <varju@webct.com>
just a guy