Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 1999 21:03:31 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   cpu_switch() help needed..

I need some help to hook some routines into alpha/swtch.s, but I don't know
alpha assembler well enough.  I can guess and try and figure it out myself,
but I'd rather enlist the help of an expert. :-)  I can supply
corresponding patches for the x86 (basically delete large chunks of code
and replace it with calls to a C routine), but I don't know the calling
conventions and implications of side effects for the Alpha. On the x86, the
side effects of the registers clobbered by the C code were harmless.

I believe Doug is still in transit to/from SIGGRAPH or something.  Can any
of the other lurkers help?  (Andrew? :-).

Cheers,
-Peter