Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2000 21:30:37 +0000
From:      Jonathan Towne <wrongway@slic.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What laptop should I buy?

On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 11:14:16AM -1000, Vincent Poy scribbled:
# On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Mike Smith wrote:
#
# > > > After all, if you didn't bring your laptop with you because it was
# > > > to heavy, what difference will screen size make for you ?
# > >
# > > *grin*
# >
# > Why bother bringing your laptop if the screen is too small to do real
# > work on?
#
# 	Very true indeed.  I don't know, I guess I want access to
# everything when I am not at home.

I really don't have a problem using my Libretto 50ct, granted, its
EXTREMELY tiny, having a 6" screen, and about 1.5hrs of battery life
with the elderly lithium ion battery that i've got.. there are plans
out there for up to 14hrs of battery life.. Luigi appears to have
submitted the plans for the 8hr one.. :)

Aside from battery life, its the most portable i've seen, and, in
general, not too terribly uncomfortable.. only thing i don't like
about it, is that it doesn't charge when running (this is fixed in
the 60ct and newer).. and, of course, i'm having a terrible time
getting *cringe and hide* linux to be able to use the floppy drive.
(Yes, i'm "forced" to use linux on it.. freebsd doesn't like my
modem/ethernet combo card, nor the cdrom, linux happily uses both
to their full extent..)

--
- Jonathan Towne		wrongway@slic.com
- System/Network Administrator