Date:      Sun, 13 Mar 2005 12:15:26 -0800
From:      "Michael C. Shultz" <ringworm01@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portsdb -uU error (I also need some tips)

On Sunday 13 March 2005 11:59 am, Fafa Diliha Romanova wrote:
> Hey!
>
> I haven't tried fetchindex or portmanager.
> I'll try them now.
>
> As for the make.PORTS, I run them inside screen, so incase
> I need to answer something, it won't continue untill I do.
>
> But do you guys have a suggestion to how a more efficient
> make.PORTS could look like? Now I'll include
>
> cd /usr/ports && make fetchindex
>
> into it but how about the order and amount of instances of
> each command etc?
>
> Thanks.

portmanager doesn't need fetchindex, but if you want to make the
readme.html's or do things like make search= in /usr/ports then
make fetchindex is a good idea.  You are going to loose the index
every time you cvsup so here is how I would set up a script to
automate things as much as possible:

cd /usr/ports
make update   (this assumes you have /etc/make.conf setup for cvsup)
make fetchindex
portmanager -u