Date:      Sat, 13 Mar 2004 09:59:17 +0200
From:      Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr>
To:        Palle Girgensohn <girgen@pingpong.net>
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Backporting S-ATA driver SiI 3112a to FreeBSD-STABLE?

Well, Sil3112a is quite crappy sata controller :) I think it wouldnt
worth backporting the driver at all. I have had exactly the same
mainboard and I got sick of the SATA errors I get, and just trashed the
board and got a new one. I am now happy :)

Your best option seams to be changing your drives to PATA. This will
save you from some future problems like losing data also :)

Evren