Date:      Mon, 17 Jun 2002 05:34:51 -0400
From:      Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC <chad@shire.net>
To:        Alexander V Zubchenko <stalker@hermes-comp.zp.ua>
Cc:        nam ninh <namninh@yahoo.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Info about MPC7450, MPC7410,MPC750

On Monday, June 17, 2002, at 02:03 , Alexander V Zubchenko wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> On Sat, 15 Jun 2002, nam ninh wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I have one question about freeBSD. Do we have freeBSD
>> for Motorola micro processors MPC7450, MPC7410 and
>> MPC750. If we do, where can I get it? Thank you very
>> much.
>>
> I can't b sured, but no. FreeBSD was not directed to run on any
> platform. Currently it support ia32, Alpha, PC-98. Look at NetBSD.
> This is BSD-derived OS which purposed to run on _any_ arch.

These are the PPC processors -- two versions of the G4 and the G3,
respectively.  There is some effort (there is a mail list about it so I
assume that is an effort) to put FreeBSD on PPC, but right now your
choices are NetBSD or OpenBSD for PPC, if you are Mac based PPC.  I
don't know about non Mac based PPC.  You can also run Darwin, an open
source mach-kernel based BSD.

best
Chad