Date:      30 Jan 96 11:20:00 -0600
From:      kav@ihlpf.att.com (Kurt A Vangsness +1 708 713 1261)
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@freefall.freebsd.org, mpf@marconi.att.com
Subject:   Re: Problems installing 2.1 CDROM

Michael,
	Thanks for the response. Yes, we had the CD in when we booted the
system (the CD installation boots right off the CD from DOS). Also, we did
the W command in the slice/partition editors and also tried waiting (as
recommended by the install program) until later for the final "commit".
I am suspicious that the problem may be related to the 2940 SCSI controller
driver. I saw some posts on netnews regarding some buggy behavior in the
driver. Have you heard anything about this?

	Thanks,
		Kurt Vangsness
		AT&T Bell Laboratories - Naperville, Il
		kav@ihlpf.ih.att.com