Date:      Wed, 03 Mar 1999 23:15:12 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@iafrica.com>
To:        alk@pobox.com
Cc:        chuckr@mat.net, nate@mt.sri.com, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AOUT/ELF

On Wed, 03 Mar 1999 15:06:57 CST, Tony Kimball wrote:

> Does this URL actually work for anyone?  I've tried lynx, netscape,
> and hotjava so far, and it loops back to the Sign On page whenever
> I press Log In.

*cackle*

I eventually got it right with Lynx. The trick is this; any time you
select a link and get exactly the same page you've just been viewing,
hit reload. That'll bring up the page that should have come up when you
selected the hyperlink.

If I remember correctly, you have to do that for the last 3 pages before
you're offered the tarball.

Also, I had no luck with the US-East servers. US-West worked for me.

You'd think a bunch of folks touting a platform-independant solution
would get _this_ right at least. And believe me, I tried a _wide_
selection of browsers and platforms. :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.