Date:      Fri, 14 Jan 2005 09:03:18 -0500
From:      Michael Meltzer <mjm@michaelmeltzer.com>
To:        Vinod Kashyap <vkashyap@amcc.com>
Cc:        freebsd stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: twa breakage on AMD64 with 9.1.5.2 3ware versionand2005-01-1103:00:49 UTC RELENG_5 commit

>Could you see if the driver is getting loaded?  The driver prints
>the message: "3ware device driver for 9000 series storage controllers...".
>
>Did the new firmware get flashed?  You can download the firmware
>from the 3ware website and flash it on the card using a DOS floppy.
>Alternatively, you can add 'options TWA_FLASH_FIRMWARE' to your
>kernel configuration file and rebuild the kernel.  This should build
>the kernel/driver with the firmware bundled, and the firmware should
>automatically get downloaded the next time you reboot.

I reloaded the new driver and rebuilt the kernel last night with the
TWA_FLASH_FIRMWARE, Did not see the -D on the command line for the
rebuild, the new firmware was not requested to load. I got the new
firmware from 3ware and flashed it in, Still does not work. I also build
a straight GENERIC Kernel, still no luck. Their is no error message that
I saw and the versions number for the pieces did change so it the "new"
stuff. I need to setup a serial console to capture the full messages,
should have that on monday night. Thank You -mjm