Date:      Sun, 23 Apr 2000 18:35:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        John Daniels <jmd526@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sun's RFE - 1st place

On Sun, 23 Apr 2000, John Daniels wrote:

> 1)How do I vote?
>
> 2) Let's get out the vote!  Messages and reminders should be sent to other
> mailing lists and BSD websites.  Can someone (I'm just a newbie) send a
> message to the other mailing lists with simple, easy instructions (with a
> URL) so we can get the most votes possible? Are multiple votes OK?  One vote
> per person? per url? per login to sun's developer site?
>
> If we "win" just what does that mean?  How long (estimate?) before Sun would
> start on/finish a port?

Not meaning any slur, but that's a pretty silly thing to ask.  Sun is very
obviously not constrained at all.  You know that Sun reads it, you know
that it's definitely a good way to signal Sun that it's wanted, but an
estimate.  Any estimate you get on that, it's going to be pure wishes.

Win?  Heh!

Chuck Robey            | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr@picnic.mat.net  | electronics, communications, and signal processing.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary.