Date:      Tue, 25 Dec 2001 12:36:28 +0900
From:      HATANOU Tomomi <hatanou@infolab.ne.jp>
To:        petef@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org, hatanou@infolab.ne.jp
Subject:   Re: ports/32060: New port: mkfile(8) for FreeBSD

>Is this necessary?  I mean, the port works for me in making a file, but how is
>this useful?  I can't swapon(8) a regular file, I don't know what else I'd do
>with it.

  On FreeBSD, we have to use vn(4) interface to swap on
regular files.  vnconfig(8) with 'swap' option can be
used instead of swapon(8), as seen in vnconfig(8) manual
pages.

  In addition, FreeBSD systems can serve swap files to
other systems, such as SunOS, over NFS.  In such
situations, mkfile(8) will help system administrators, I
think.

----
HATANOU Tomomi.