Date:      Mon, 12 Apr 1999 11:47:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Flash fs spec

On a side note, How do you use a flash disk on a laptop.  Everywhere
I've read says "use it like a floppy", but how do I get that far?

I've got it configured with TrueFFS/FTL
(http://www.m-sys.com/download.htm)

but I can't get FreeBSD to see it.  dumpcis doesn't show anything for
this card...

Patrick

In message <199904110419.WAA02071@harmony.village.org>, Warner Losh
 writes:

>I've found one spec on flash fs, which I'll call msffs, at
>microsoft's
>web site.  This spec dates from 1994 and appears to be the only spec
>for msffs available.  It specifies the gross 8.3 filenames.  I was
>wondering if anybody knew of a newer version of this, or if this
>representation is even used today.  The flash card that I got from
>Nate doesn't seem to have any reasonable data on it for me to look
>at.
>
>Warner

---
Patrick S. Gardella                    Director of Web Development
The Creative Group    1-800-804-0783 ext 29     606-858-8029 (fax)
http://www.cre8tivegroup.com                 PGP Key ID 0xEE2D47A9