Date:      Thu, 30 Dec 2010 13:18:06 +0100
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?G=C3=B3t_Andr=C3=A1s?= <andrej@antiszoc.hu>
To:        Damien Fleuriot <ml@my.gd>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS - moving from a zraid1 to zraid2 pool with 1.5tb disks

Hi,

I think it's enough to have 2 parity drives with raidz2. If a drive fails
another two has to fail for data loss. However, keep in mind that raid (in
any form) is not instead of backups.

I have a setup where a 8TB RAID5 is the main backup and serves as file
server for not important things AND there's a 3TB RAID5 in a different
machine for secondary backups.

Regards,
Andras