Date:      Thu, 7 Jan 1999 20:47:42 +0100 (CET)
From:      "Michael C. Vergallen" <mvergall@mail.double-barrel.be>
To:        Don <don@calis.BlackSun.org>
Cc:        "Michael C. Vergallen" <mvergall@mail.double-barrel.be>, Eric <ee123@rocketmail.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Looking for a software

On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Don wrote:

> > I guess you wan't to use a firewall to allow access to certain clients ?
> > this is done with ipfwadm ... have a Look at http://www.xos.nl/ for more
> > info. The package is normally for linux but you should be able to compile
> > under FreeBSD.
> If this gentleman is looking for firewalling software is there any reason
> he wouldnt use IPFW which is built right into FreeBSD? IPFW is exactly
> like ipfwadm except it is our version and it works right.
Probably so however I did not know the package existed on FreeBsd ...
could not find a reference... When I used appropos on my box it didn't
return a result and even the list I generate off the ports didn't return
anything so I assumed that it was unexistant on FreeBSD. However now I
come to think about his question it may be that he required only to use
the .htaccess files to block access to certain URL's...

Michael