Date:      Sun, 5 Oct 1997 13:11:50 -0400
From:      rknebel@mail.microserve.net
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   printing

Hi,
Well I have been trying for two weeks now to get my HP deskjet 660c to
print with freebsd 2.2.2.
I have tried about 6 different printcap entries and filters submitted by
you kind people on this list.
I have upgraded to the newest ghostscript with all the needed accessory
programs.
My problem remains.
I can print files fine.
When I try to print postscript ie from xv or netscape I get about 6 pages
0f ghostscript error messages.
The messages start like this
GS<13>Error: /typecheck in --put--
OPERAND STACK:
EXecution stack:
Dictionary stack:
Current allocation mode is local
GS<13>GS<13>ERROR: /syntaxerror in -file-

These type of messages go on then for about 7-8 pages.

This is extremely frustrating.
If anyone can make sense of this or reccomend another way to print then GS
I would be extremely grateful.

I like freebsd better than linux but if I cannot print with it it does me
no good.

Thanks Alot

--
Rick Knebel