Date:      Thu, 28 Jul 2005 03:59:24 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=F6vesd=E1n_G=E1bor?= <gabor.kovesdan@t-hosting.hu>
To:        Maxime Henrion <mux@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NVE

Maxime Henrion wrote:

>K?vesd?n G?bor wrote:
>

>>Maxime Henrion wrote:

>>>I have committed a fix to the nve(4) driver very recently in HEAD.  I
>>>don't think it could fix the device timeout issues, however, it might
>>>help with the panics you were getting.  If you could give this fix a
>>>try, I'd be grateful.
>>>
>>>Cheers,
>>>Maxime
>>>

>>Ok, I'll. If it seems okay, is it possible to commit it to RELENG_6?
>>

>That's the plan.  I'm actually waiting for feedback to know whether this
>helps make things better or not.  I'll ask re@ for permission to MFC it
>once I know it's good (I have no nve(4) hardware myself).

I have installed the HEAD kernel. Is it necessary to upgrade the
userland to HEAD too for testing your fixes?
There aren't great changes between RELENG_6 and HEAD afaik, and after
doing some strong tests, I would
like to returtn to RELENG_6, thus it would be more convenient to left
userland alone, but if it is required,
I'll upgrade completely to HEAD. What should I do?

Cheers,

Gábor Kövesdán